Ezdays' train articles
Back in late 2006, the publisher of a monthly newspaper in Tehachapi, California contacted us looking for someone to write a monthly column for their newspaper. Tehachapi is a train town, and is noted for the nearby "Tehachapi Loop", and they wanted to add a regular article about trains in their paper. Since I was already writing a newspaper column and had a love of trains, it was a natural thing for me to take on. My first article appeared in Jan., '07. About a year later, the paper changed hands and the new owners eventually changed formats to magazine size. I continued to write articles about anything to do with trains, both model and full-scale, until the beginning of this year. At first they said they would publish every other month, but then they temporarily suspended publication altogether, I’m sure as just another victim of the current economy.

I was posting these articles on my blog at Zealot until about the time chaos and confusion hit and it just wasn’t worth the effort to continue there. I’ll start from the beginning again here, so some of you that had read my articles over there, may have to wait a while before I get to where I left off. I will try to post one a week, more or less depending on how well my memory and attention spans are at the time.

Just one note, as is most stuff on the Internet, these articles are copyright protected so I would appreciate your asking me for permission prior to using or copying any of their content.

Oh, BTW, the name of my column there is, "Along the Line".
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread