Code 55, Where Are You?
I've spent the last few weeks laying track and wiring the T & A ,using Microengineering code 55 flex and turnouts. The track is laying on standard pink foam and WS foam roadbed. I've temporarily put nails in to secure it, will remove nails and glue and ballast once switch machines, etc are in place...

Wiring is 98% complete with one spur left to complete. I've got good current throughout according to meter...

The problem is the locos all seem to be having wheel contact issues randomly around the layout with a couple of consistent spots....if the engine stalls or gets sluggish, lights dim etc. if I put very slight pressure directly on the loco, or put light pressure on both rails with my fingers either directly in front or behind the engine, it will move on....

Do you think once I glue and ballast I can try to square up bad spots with a piece of plate glass pressing down on both rails, or some other way?

Should I pull up the WS foam roadbed and replace with a sturdier cork?

I knew this track was delicate, and thought I took care in laying it down....but maybe not so much.

Any thoughts are good ones...I've spent a lot of $$$$ on this track and 30 turnouts, but I'm not so sure I should replace it with a sturdier code 70 or even the oversized code 80, which was bullet proof on my last layout, but I wanted to get a little more prototypical...and besides this Microengineering is beautiful stuff...
Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191

Messages In This Thread