Dan's new layout thread.
Cheers Faraway, glad it makes sense now! 2285_

The idea is have each deck of the industrial areas represent the outskirts of a particular town or city, and the main layout act as the distance travelling from one to the other.

I'm kind of tempted to have another - smaller - classification yard on the main layout just after the 'entrance' to the main layout itself at position 1. On the 3D mapping of the plan as it stands there's a small passing loop and a short industry spur at that position. If I extend the "mountain" (for lack of a better word) out further toward the operators side of the layout in the center of the inverted U, that would give extra space for classification tracks.

This would essentially allow me to run trains from one classification yard to the other, and have the two individual decks represent a part of the switching districts that the yards serve. This would also allow me to remove the hidden staging on the lower deck and give more room for industries. Smile

I plan on working on the trackplan in SCARM some more over the weekend and see what I can come up with.

Messages In This Thread