Mike's layout :)
Here's my first post in this forum. Big Grin I'm crawling a bit on using the new bulletin board software, but I'll learn how to use this.

The following pictures are taken from my layout. I must concede they are not well made in the photographic sense because I couldn't seem to work well with the interface of the camera I used. But I really want to show you guys how a hell-bent model railroader in the Philippines could do. Icon_lol There is presently no model railroad shop here in the Philippines, so I had to find some way to get the trains and the tracks. My present collection of model railroad equipment took more than 10 years to acquire. Most of my structures are paper models that I could easily buy and download in the internet. I got some trees and rose bushes from architecture supplies stores locally. The 7-Up trucks I used claimed to be 1:87, and most of the other vehicles are at 1:72(which is close enough to me). The grass on my layout is basically green felt paper that looked like golf course grass. I'm planning to make my own ground grass out of saw dust in the future to improve the look of my layout.

My original plan for my HO layout is a fictitious 1950's era railroad in New England, but acquiring the right items had been a problem for me. So there are many anachronisms in my layout, but I hope to fix those in the future. Smile

Here are the pictures. Smile

http://www.balcos.net
Michael Balcos
Hell-bent model railroader in the Philippines Smile

Messages In This Thread