Other hobby teminology-a riddle of sorts
Now, if you think that we have some strange terminologies for stuff we use in model railroading, I can across something the other day that really puzzled me. I needed something (I'll tell you what later), and there it was at my local Walmart, and only $0.97 each. When I looked at the package, it was labeled, "fat quarter". Huh, :o what the heck is a fat quarter and why is this call one? When I got home, I had to Google the term before I know what it was, otherwise, I wouldn't have a clue even now Nope .

My question is, I'm wondering how many of you know what a FAT QUARTER is without looking it up with Google or any other search engine. Be honest, how many really know right now? No peeking on the Internet, no looking it up in a book, no asking anyone else, you either know, or you don't. However, guesses are allowed and welcomed. Welcome

It has to do with a very popular hobby that dates back to early America, and possibly before. Smile

Give it a shot, guess if you think you have an idea, but if not, I'll come back in a bit and post a hint..... believe me, the answer left me shaking my head. 35
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread