Other hobby teminology-a riddle of sorts
BR60103 Wrote:"Mixed pickles" was a term from folk dancing. One of the great teachers, Dick Crum, used it to describe a rhythm of slow quick quick (1/4 1/8 1/8). It also worked in Greek dancing for 3/16 1/8 1/8.

Wow, that's way out there, I thought it meant a bunch of different veggies stuffed in a jar and pickled. How easy it is to get off course without some solid trackwork to guide you in the right direction. Icon_lol

One thing that's always mystified me are the terms used in cooling. Yeah, some people make a hobby out of cooking, others make a living out of it. In either case, I watch some of these cooking competition shows and I don't know if they're just showing off, or really into it that much, but I get lost really quick. "I made for you today a ______ with a ____, and some _____ with a _____ sauce all on a bed of _____." You can fill in the blanks with a variety of terms, but regardless, I haven't a clue as to what they're talking about. Then, of course, I look at how all that is "plated" and I wonder just how one is suppose to eat that piece of food art. :? :? :? :? Still, that's a very interesting hobby for sure. Smile
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread