CSX GP40-2, GP38-2, B40-8
Rscott417 Wrote:I actually do have a smokey valley handrail set I can use but never thought to use it. After opening the package and looking at the handrails it make no sense to me and the directions are a crappy photo copy that's cut off on the left margin. I think I'm just going to order a set of the delrin handrails and use the parts from the smokey valley kit to make the front pilot handrails to match the shape of the cannon anti climber I'm going to add.

I think the only thing I didn't like about some smokey Valley Handrail kits, is that they didn't always give you a continuous piece of wire for the longer handrails. Some adjustment was also usually required.

They should be straight forward enough though. If necessary, drill holes into the side-sill to allow the stanchions to be press fit or glued in, and then use little drops of CA to glue the handrail to the top of the stanchion.

This is actually more robust than you might think, and even if it does break, its WAY easier to fix than the delrin ones.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread