Aristo 0-4-0 paint job
Charlie,

I fear it will be the blind leading the blind! Tongue

I have contacted Strasburg Railroad Museum in Strasburg PA to ask for a couple sorta-specific photos of their #94 0-4-0, particularly, the backhead and interior of the cab, and the air compressor which seems to be notoriously huge, and improperly located? We shall see if they respond, or not. It is a long shot but, as they say, can't hurt to ask, and the worst that can happen is they say no, right?

I am sitting here staring at her, today .. and wondering what the hell I should do next ... I want to paint the roof, but cannot decide what color.. the photos I have that ARE color and show the roof at all lead me to believe a gloss black would work, but on the other hand there is so MUCH black on this loco (yes, I know, it's a steamer, most are black) that I'd just .. like some OTHER color on it too, and since I did the smokebox in grey, it leads one to think that maybe this was a slightly showier loco than just lost in the bowls of an inglenook somewhere ...

I am at a loss whether to paint the sidegear, or not.. Again, the majority of photos I can find that ARE color show them all black.

The more I work on her, the more I want two things: a slopeback tender, but maybe NOT the aristo? Comparing photos of the Aristo tender to 1:1, the Aristo is SERIOUSLY truncated . . . This shows that the flat top of the tender is at least half the length of the tender [Image: prr677.jpg] but the aristo tender's flat tp is less than a quarter the length of the tender ... If I could find them for the right price, maybe cut two 'in half' and extend one with the other? I highly doubt I could do a 'filler' on my own without simply destroying the tender . . .

anyways, just some thoughts from the BB's in my boxcar, this morning.

Mike.

Messages In This Thread