Weekly Photo Fun - March 27th-April 2nd, 2015
One can never have too many Metroliners. Thankfully, unlike the real thing, these run great. The only real nuisance is keeping all the lights on (brief losses of power shuts them off).

I now have two trainsets, and I'm hoping to get a third sometime later this year. In particular, I want to model Snackbar coach 868, which was the only unrebuilt Metroliner to get the Phase II striping (all of Walthers other Phase II cars aren't quite right). The balance will be the Penn Central painted variety, which would let me to a 6 car PC set.

The cost kills me, but a third trainset would not only allow me to get all the consist variety I'm looking for, but would also allow me to run my "hour of NEC" without having to juggle or recylce a consist (there would be two eastbounds and a westbound in a single "hour")

These are the trainsets as I ran them at this year's open house. It was fun to shuffle the consists so that I didn't bring out the same train every time. Once or twice I got someone to drive the other trainset, and we'd have a Metroliner set zipping around the club layout in both directions.

Trainset 1

[Image: P3122294.jpg]

Trainset 2

[Image: P3122289.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread