UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
David, your right, it will be 3% greener Icon_e_biggrin . Great Idea on the screen for the vacuum too! thanks!

OK, update to last nights post, now that the glue soup has dried up a little bit, was able to take a few pics Thumbsup 

NOW, i think about 97% of my layout has ground cover on it, there are only a couple small areas that still need it but the vast majority of the layout is covered! Icon_e_biggrin Still have fences to put up, trees, bushes/shrubs, weeds, cinders and dirt on the siding tracks....ugh, so much left, not to mention the rail yard facilities, but non the less, a good milestone had been reached over the last week.
[Image: 2yvsFgu.jpg]

In this pic you can see I have started bringing in a little green into the GERN area, I think I am going to renovate some of the Town of Owen area too, thats to the right of GERN, not pictured. 
[Image: Oe80uFh.jpg]

This pic brings so much joy to me!! What you are seeing here is the VERY LAST of the double mainlines FULLY BALLASTED!! Applause 2296_  
OMG, I am so Happy! Did I ever mention how much I hate ballasting? Sure, I still have some ballasting with cinders in the yards and a bit on sidings to do, but thats nothing, much easier then doing the mainline. Also I added some grass between the mainline and first yard track.
[Image: 8ENEyRJ.jpg]

So now, I am still a million miles away from being finished with anything, but it sure is nice looking at the layout now and not seeing bare wood Icon_e_biggrin . 

This last pic here is the very first taken with an engine in the newly worked on area. I am pretty darn sure I have never taken a pic of this engine as long as I have had it, I bought it at a show years ago, its an Athearn BB, what got me thinking of this engine was Toms FA's he recently posted, I dont have any FA's, but I do have this PA, still need to put a coupler on the front, and the horns, but thats about it.
[Image: xjwl8MY.jpg]

Till next time....
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread