A thick and large pressure tank ...
Bear, Doc and Gus,

thank you very much for your interest and compliments! I would like to say that this tank was not an extreme complicated work, however I must say I have made a lot attempts until I was satisdied with result. One sample. The tanks has exact 3.612 rivets. However I thank that I pressed two, maybe three times rivets all together - and this is a good number. I must say also that all rivets were pressed by hand. However the result counts and I think that I can present this model.

Doc, unfortunately the "White Swan" reefers are unchanged since last 12 months.

[Image: whiteswan-tuerverriegelung-3d_2k.jpg]
The problem is to cast this frame with the two inner door latches as brass parts. The connection between the two latches is the locking mechanism and there the brass caster has problems. The wax does not run out completely from the mold and so the brass cann't fill completely the mold. The modelmaker, who has taken this job, printed already third or fourth time a slight different master form, however the result was not usablely until last month. Last week a new master was given to caster and we all hope anew for success.
You and all here will read again about continuing of this project and I'm sure that I can finish these models in next time. However I don't know when. Next month? This year? Or later yet? Here a link yet to last posts of this project - http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=22&t=6827
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread