A thick and large pressure tank ...
[Image: pressuretank_70k.jpg]

After new and helpful discussions with Doc Wayne I have me decided to a simple solution for end-blocking the fat tank. Thank to you, Doc, also for links and pictures to this theme. (For more information please see my website at end of description - link here.)
A simple wood beam at each end which are bolted on the floor and some nailed wedges - all. The reflections about a more complex fixing with truss rods may be a good solution for a permanent fixing. This what I needed here was a simple, fast to realize end blocking which will be need one time only for a single transport. I think that this will be reasonably for this specific use for shipping this load by an extra train to the orderer.

I have shown the tank and car to my US railroad friends yesterday while our two-monthly US-rail fan meeting and they all were delighted with this model. And some times there was a question about the number of rivets? All pressed by hand?
And what do you think about the number of rivets?

An short addition yet:
@Matt, unfortunately, I own only this 10ft test track in my home. However I think that there will be enough chances for running this model, especially with my planned extra train - where engine like caboose need some work until a right correct looking extra-train.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread