Madras Switching Layout HO Scale
Deano & Chris,

It really is neat to be able to sit back and admire your own handy work. Of course this layout is far far far from done, but seeing trains running on it is impressive. I was talking to a friend of mine about the layout and realize this is the first fully functional layout I have ever built by myself. I had a layout when I was young, which was two 4X8 sheets in an 'L' which I was able to get a train to run around, but never did master getting the switches to throw. I have been part of permanent and modular clubs, where I learned most of my skills. I did start a shelf layout in Kansas when I lived there, but only had one or two switches that worked, before expanding the plan and ultimately tearing it down for a move. So again, it sure is neat to see something you had planned, built, and now get to operate. The other bonus was from start to operational was only a couple months.

So my next step will be to finish up the throw mechanisms, which is trimming the rods and adding recessed knobs. Then I plan to get the building location figured out, at which point I can apply a basic layer of ground texture. I would like to have all the basic scenery done and the buildings at least roughed in by the local show here in March. If I can keep the momentum and focus, it should not be a problem.
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/

Messages In This Thread