Just Sayin...
I have joined FB and I keep contact with a few friends and relatives as well as a few railfan and historical society pages. I have dropped off some of the railfan FB pages because of the ignorance of some of the posters.
I asked for some specific info on an area of interest and the reply was to "Google Google Google". I had shared many of my older pictures with that group. I am gone because of this ass, and so are my pictures. I have got some good "heads up" on Heritage locomotives and train movements from the Heritage page and the guys are very much gentlemen. I get annoyed at getting notifications because "Jimmy" likes your post. I don't care whether jimmy likes it or not.
I have made contact with people that were very helpful to me at the KJR that I had lost track of so that part is good, and the historical pictures from private folks is even better but you just don't have to be "friends" with John's (grandma's friends 3rd cousin 5 times removed) first grade school teacher.
The Gauge is the place to be. We don't need no like button, and when I tell some one that looks like a pile of #%^& I will be referring to a barnyard scene, or a street scene recently modeled by a very talented modeler here of the gauge.
Charlie

Messages In This Thread