More on Attempting a dual Service Loco..
Ah, you got me there. As someone who is familiar with these engines from being in Penn Station, I am embarrassed I forgot!

Also, I think Canada has the ALP45DP as part of its AMT commuter operations. That is probably the only dual mode operating outside the New York City Area.

P32-ACDM

No mass produced model exists. Brass ones can be had for a small fortune. Your best bet is to kitbash one from a P42. The main problem here is that there are some noticeable differences, chiefly a different radiator fan arrangement, different body vents, and of course, third rail shoes.

FL9

Some were made in Resin with actual B-A1A drives, and Rapido will have a variety out this year for a high price. Of course, brass is also out there. This one's weird frame makes it a difficult kit bash.

DE30

These Long Island RR exclusive locomotives were offered in resin both by IHP and IMW. The IHP I suspect has the better details, but I also think it was probably produced in such low numbers that its unlikely you'll find one. IMW continues to produce the DE30, as well as the bi-level commuter cars and decals to go with it.

ALP45DP

Island Model Works (IMW) says these should be out soon. they also already make the bi-level cars associated with NJ transit and AMT
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread