Joining the firefight
Quote: A lot of people feel that way. One of the largest fires here in Arizona took place in 2002. One reserve firefighter decided if he started a fire, he'd be called up and paid to fight it. Around the same time, a stranded motorist decided she would start a fire to attract a passing newscopter. Well, the two fires got out of hand and eventually combined to burn close to 500,000 acres of forest.

We think of Arizona as a desert oasis. Down here it is, but up north, we have the largest stand of ponderosa pine in the country.

What are people using for brains these days? I'm not even going to try and call it "common sense" any more because we all know that common and sense no longer belong together.
So the stranded motorist decided that having a mobile phone was no longer a suitable means of summoning help, a smoke signal would work better? Nope :wait: 35 Wallbang These guys express how I feel so very well.

Ponderosa pine; are we going to build a wagon and paint it? Icon_lol

Mark
Oh dear just as I post this, my morning coffee decides to try going down the wrong way, coffee spluttered everywhere. 35
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More

Messages In This Thread