A couple of new milestones
There's not a day that goes by that Mikey and I don't think and talk about what has happened here and why we had to do what we did. there we were, the both of us with the responsibility of running a train forum that was being overseen by a commercial enterprise that had no interest in what we were all about and intermingled with other hobbies that were as strange to us as basket weaving or scrapbooking. We wanted to go back to dealing with the purpose of why we had a forum in the first place, train, trains and nothing but trains... not with the mechanics of running a forum that seemed to be consuming all our time there or with supervising other groups like R/C racers. We could sense the uneasiness around us, but we tried to make the most of what we had and did our best to keep everything together. It just wasn't working, and I guess we didn't realize how bad things really were until we announced the opening of these forums. We find now, as before all the changes took place over there, that with the right group of people, we didn't need to worry about how things were run. With few real "rules", everyone knows how to act and basically we are self-policing and the whole atmosphere changed back to the way it used to be.

We are all proud of what we've done here, not just Mikey, Pat and myself, but the whole lot of you, mods and members alike. I'm just hoping that you are as happy about this as we are... and we're delighted. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread