Steam engine jubilee in Dresden, Germany
Nutbar, Doc, thanks for your nice comments. I never have seen as a "model railroad", however you are right Wayne, it's a model railroad, a very large model railroad.

Some more photos yet. First an excursion to the more modern fraction - the two battery powered electric engines.
The first one of these engines was built in 1961-62 and I was one the builders while my years of apprenticeship as a steam loco worker. I love the steam locos however I have also very special memories on that time and my work on trucks and frame. The body and outfit was built by the trainees of follow year.

[Image: steamweekend-2015_1372.jpg]

The second electric loco built in the eighties of last century with a higher battery capacity. These both engines are regularly in service on all days of week because the are cheaper in service.

[Image: steamweekend-2015_1373.jpg]

Back to the steam!
Meeting of two steam-powered trains on the 1 1/2 mile long double track section of our park railway.

[Image: steamweekend-2015_1379.jpg]

A tidbit for all steam fans - parallel running of the trains! High ball! in the main station (2 tracks) ...

[Image: steamweekend-2015_1502.jpg]

[Image: steamweekend-2015_1503.jpg]

...and running side by side to next station.

[Image: steamweekend-2015_1504.jpg]

One of the engineers side by side to his "baby" in the backshop.

[Image: steamweekend-2015_1389.jpg]

Preparing for the engine parade ...

[Image: steamweekend-2015_1501.jpg]

All three steam locos side by side ...

[Image: steamweekend-2015_1400.jpg]

... and framed by the more modern electric engines.

[Image: steamweekend-2015_1402.jpg]

And I must say, this was a really nice day with a very lucky end. After this last shot a violent rain came down from heaven - however all pictures were taken!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread