Some Weathering, first try.
Hi there,
wow,thanks a lot. I´m realy happy that you like it.
Reinhard,yes those are my first boxcars I made in H0 scale. Used some photos for reference and tried to not overdo it.
Here are the pictures of the Accurail 40ft Combo Door Boxcar.
I used again picture from my Canadian Railcar Pictorial book about the PGE/BCR I bought when I started with buying rolling stock.
[Image: RIMG0066.JPG]
I added Kadde trucks and couplers and removed the upper part of the ladder on one end and the roofwalk.
[Image: RIMG0055.JPG]
[Image: RIMG0060.JPG]
I used again MIG pigments, oil colors and some Valejo paint to weather that boxcar. Result was a heavy weathering, a bit too much in my opinion but I´ll stay with it.I cleaned the wheels before it entered service Wink
[Image: RIMG0189.JPG]
[Image: RIMG0190.JPG]
[Image: RIMG0192.JPG]

So that´s all of my weathered rolling stock for now, but I´ll do more weathering for sure. I don´t like the shiny look on all the trucks,cars and other equipment on my layout cause I love that aged realistic look...and also those abandoned buildings cars etc....There will be a small salvage yard on my layout,that´s a must have Wink

This is a picture of a small street scene I made some time ago.
[Image: 1stdio054.JPG]

It could be easyly changed for larger scale. The picture with the pickup and the Hotrod are on the same base like the H0 cars.
[Image: 20784_397761850331222_1263278341_n.jpg]
[Image: 529110_397761596997914_1697880777_n.jpg]

Ok,thanks a lot again for the nice comments. I hope to weather some more things,soon...And any comments are very welcome.

Regards,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835

Messages In This Thread