Great news for Canadian steam modellers!!!
I just got an email alert from Jason Shron of Rapido Trains, saying that they are branching into steam, specifically Canadian steam. They plan to release 2 per year, beginning with the Royal Hudson in 2017, Canada's 150th birthday. I am so excited by this news, because Rapido's quality and fidelity to prototype is second to none.

Here's an excerpt from the email, followed by a link to the release schedule.

Those of you who know me are probably wondering: "Steam? Jason wants to bring out steam?" If you don't know me, I model 1980 and have been known to refer to steam engines (in jest) as ugly, black, smelly things.

The fact of the matter is I had an epiphany at the Great Edmonton Train Show in September 2014. I met many of you there and was struck by your longstanding dedication to our hobby. Looking at the faces lined with decades of model railroad experience, I came to the realization that Rapido needs to bring out Canadian steam engines - and fast - so that the model railroaders who grew up with steam would be able to enjoy affordable, accurate Canadian steam locomotive models in their lifetimes. This is also an opportunity to introduce Canadian steam to a new generation of younger modellers.

After the first day of the show Bill and I sat down for a drink (Lagavulin, if you will ask). And I said, "We need to do Canadian steam." Delighted that he had finally got through to me, Bill asked, "Which engine?" My response: "All of them."

http://www.rapidotrains.com/iconsofsteam-schedule.html

Messages In This Thread