Input on BIG BLUE rolling stock decals needed
Now is the time for your input to count, and this is the place to voice it.

Several people have asked about us having Big Blue Train Forum decals for starting a Big Blue railroad, or for just to decorate a car or two. We are thinking about having multi-color water decals, probably in 8 1/2" x 11" sheets. So I'm going to pose two questions for you regarding the decals, and one question regarding the general use of these decals. Note that these decals are independent of the vinyl stickyback ones we have already in the works.

1. The first question is in two parts:
  1. should we keep the logo the way it is to put on our railroads, or should we adapt a name for the railroad and do the logo that way?
  2. If we adapt a name, what should we call it? Like for instance, "The Big Blue Railway Co.", or "The route of the Big Blue Express". These are suggestions, we'd like to hear yours.
2. I would think we could combine both HO and N scale on one sheet, and O and larger on another. Or we could make full sheets for each scale, so again, a two-part question.
  1. Should we have one sheet for each scale, or multiple scales on a single sheet?
  2. What else would you like to see on the sheet besides the logo? Road markings, car numbers and/or other markings are some possibilities. I would like to make the decal sheet as versatile so it could be used to decorate several cars and possibly even a engine or two.
3. Now for the kicker, if we adapt a railroad name, we're going to need a paint scheme, especially for our engines. We're open to suggestions.

Now this is not a contest, it's an honest effort to get your feedback and suggestions. We will consider all inputs, but Mikey and I will have to make the final decisions based on practicality, appearance and cost.

Feel free to post your thoughts and ideas in this thread.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread