2016 Big Blue NASCAR Racin'
dwight77 Wrote:Has anyone tried to understand the new points system??????
What happened to just winning the race???? Wallbang
dwight77
Seriously... Yes, I agree!!! King Richard could never win over 200 races and 7 championships with this setup..

But we all have to understand that money makes the cars go around. Sad
The TV ratings have been failing and there are way to many empty seats at a lot of races.

With that said, all the new system doses is break each race into 3 separated races. The winner of each of the first 2 parts wins a point that will help them in the Chase. What it supposedly does for the ratings is the "shared" ratings. If someone tunes in now and sees lap 60 out of 200.... they yawn and move on.

With the new system I guarantee the announcers are going to say the remaining "Segment Laps" every chance they get. The result is, that someone tuning in during lap 60 out of 200 will be quickly informed that this is lap 60 of the race, but remember they only have SIX laps until the segment ends with _________ leading the segment.

The new way will hold more shared audience, therefore the overall ratings will go up a bit. how much? That remains to be seen.

Please repeat this entire scenario for laps 120 - 132 out of 200.

Then of course, the last 20 or 30 laps, everyone watches.

We'll be able to make a drinking game out of this. Every time they say "segment" take a shot of your favorite beverage weather that is alcohol, tea, coffee, soda or water. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???

Messages In This Thread