Amtrak 'Southwest Chief' derailment in Kansas
Prairie Trains Wrote:MountainMan so you are saying that even though you pay for the roads you drive on though taxes you should hire and pay for the crews that maintain those roads out of your own pocket when the government does not do it because it's your responsibility to drive on safe roads. I bet your local government would love to heir your idea. I also doubt that there is a court in your country that would say that maintaining BNSF's track is Amtrak's responsibility.

I read that BNSF inspects that track twice a week. So it should be up to government transport standards. Was there extremely hot weather that day that caused a sun kink?

No...I'm specifically saying that you operate at safe speeds for existing conditions. Only a moron does 80 on a badly rutted dirt road, and only a moronic railroad goes top speed on tracks not set up for it. The responsibility to operate safely is on AMTRAK.

We've had some experience with AMTRAK in Colorado wanting us to pay a huge amount of money to upgrade tracks in order for them to race through our state without stopping anywhere useful. AMTRAK, in case you are unaware, is paid for out of taxpayer money by our government, so they can upgrade for themselves without seeking millions from state taxpayers to pay for services NOT provided in the first place.

Messages In This Thread