Thoughts re Hyper Loops?
MountainMan Wrote:I keep coming back to Jurassic Park and Goldblum's ultimate comment: "Just because you can create something doesn't mean you should...or that its even a good idea."

Mankind's obsession with speed in everything has largely destroyed our civilization and given us entire generations of young people with the attention span of gnats.

RobertInOntario Wrote:Yes, and gadgets and video games don't help either.

I strongly disagree. When properly applied, that speed allows us to do great things with significantly less effort. A few weeks ago, I was asked to find a location for a photo. It was A.) taken in a place I had never been to, and B.) taken over a decade before I was born. I was able to do it in less than an hour, and get right down to the google street view of the exact spot.

Could you imagine how hard, or how long, it would have taken me to find that location with out my "High speed" internet and fancy gadgets that allow me to go places I've never been and see through time? If I was LUCKY, someone took a similar recognizable picture in one of my books somewhere. Otherwise, it would just be another generic Industrial wasteland in NJ somewhere along the Hudson river.

Don't blame "speed" and "gadgets" for people's lack of attention. That "gnat attention span" is a flaw with that person. Don't think for a minute that if you took those things away that they wouldn't go occupy themselves with the next most vapid thing.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread