Thoughts re Hyper Loops?
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:I strongly disagree. When properly applied, that speed allows us to do great things with significantly less effort. A few weeks ago, I was asked to find a location for a photo. It was A.) taken in a place I had never been to, and B.) taken over a decade before I was born. I was able to do it in less than an hour, and get right down to the google street view of the exact spot.

Could you imagine how hard, or how long, it would have taken me to find that location with out my "High speed" internet and fancy gadgets that allow me to go places I've never been and see through time? If I was LUCKY, someone took a similar recognizable picture in one of my books somewhere. Otherwise, it would just be another generic Industrial wasteland in NJ somewhere along the Hudson river.

Don't blame "speed" and "gadgets" for people's lack of attention. That "gnat attention span" is a flaw with that person. Don't think for a minute that if you took those things away that they wouldn't go occupy themselves with the next most vapid thing.

Unfortunately for that claim, the faster you travel, the longer you have to wait to leave and arrive. You can travel by aircraft at 350 - 400 mph, but you must wait up to two hours to board and take off, wait to land and endure endless more waiting claiming your baggage and then somehow reaching you final destination, which is NOT the airport itself.

And then you arrive tired, angry, frustrated and out of sorts.

As for finding things on Google, surely you are not attempting to equate an internet search with actual physical travel.

Speed and gadgets are responsible in large part for the gnat's brain mentality these days. Why bother to think about something if your mental objective can change literally every second of your day? And why else do the Marching Morons talk and text on their cellphones while hurtling along the roads at speeds up to 80 mph? Obviously, controlling a tow ton high speed mass of metal isn't enough to keep their attention focused for even a brief period of time. They need more, the constant electroshock therapy that constitutes "communication" and "social skills" in the New World of Lemming Insanity.

Remember - in ALL of its forms - speed kills.

Messages In This Thread