Poll: How do you feel about all the high tech stuff available today?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1- Love it.
28.95%
11 28.95%
2- I go into my train room to get away from today's world.
31.58%
12 31.58%
3- Don't really care one way or the other.
39.47%
15 39.47%
Total 38 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Tech, good, bad, indifferent?
For years I operated my layouts on DC and I was never very happy with it. In 2000 we sold our house and lived in a house with no room for a layout until 2009. Then we bought a layout room with a house attached and layout construction began. I knew that a decent control system would make operation so much better. I spent several years investigating various DCC systems and came up with no decision on what system I would purchase. So many people were having so many problems with DCC, it just seemed that DCC was a hobby within a hobby, all I wanted was to build and operate a layout and have fun without all these hassles.

In the fall of 2013 I took the plunge and purchased a RailPro system and I am thrilled with it. It is so simple to install operate and puts a huge amount of fun in to model railroading. I have never had any problem of any kind with this system. This is about as Tech an I get. All my track and turnouts are hand laid, I do not use Fast Tracks jigs because of the cost. I align my turrnouts manually as I go with the train much the same as the prototype. I do use Fast Tracks "Bullfrogs" with the turnouts. No fancy wiring or control panels, as simple as I can make it.

Mel
Having more fun with RailPro

Messages In This Thread