doctorwayne's Get off yer duff Challenge (Part I)
Finally, some more progress on this locomotive.

Since the handrails on many steam locomotives did double-duty as both safety appliance and conduit for electrical wires, I added a junction box (from PSC), then ran the HO scale version of Bx armoured cable to it from the generator...

[Image: GRS%202-6-6-2...%20087.jpg]

...another junction box and cable connected the numberboards (a line runs from this one, across the top of the boiler, to the one on the other side...

[Image: GRS%202-6-6-2...%20088.jpg]

...and the class lights got the same attention...

[Image: GRS%202-6-6-2...%20089.jpg]

I also drilled a couple of holes in the window area of the cab doors, then used a file to finish the openings. Many Canadian steam locomotives with vestibule cabs had a window in only the door on the fireman's side of the cab, but my road uses windows in both doors...

[Image: GRS%202-6-6-2....jpg]

The loco is now finished, except for paint and lettering (preceded by a good bath to remove all of the construction dust and filings that's so evident in many of the photos Misngth ).

I also added all-wheel pick-up on the shortened tender, thanks to a good example posted HERE by Lutz (Schraddel). Drilling holes in the plastic trucks is a more secure fastening for the wiper wires than mounting them with glue or even a screw.

Here's my version...

[Image: GRS%202-6-6-2...%20085.jpg]

Work continues on the tender, with only the back-up light and a toolbox to be added to the deck of the cistern. More photos when that's done.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread