JaBears “Get off yer duff challenge” (Part 1)
Well I see I’ve been dragging the chain, especially seeing that e-paw has finished one of his challenges, done a great job, and he was crook as well!! But I have progressed!!! I can see why the paint was so thick because of the amount of flash still on the shell, so have spent a bit of time trying to get rid of it all.
I’ve also managed to drill all (?) 35 #79 holes for the grab irons and only broke one drill bit! 2285_ Yahoo!!!!! ”one small step for man, one big step for a Bear...” 2285_

I fortuitously found just enough Tichy drop grab irons but still have to finish the others required, including the lift rings. (I have a confession to make. Once upon a time, while secretly admiring their dedication, I would shake my head over those who would remove cast on grab irons, and especially lift rings, to fit new ones. Madness, I would think, after all how many of the Great Unwashed would notice? Now I’m doing it!!! I can only attribute it to doctorwaynes “Slippery Slope Theory”). Crazy

Oh well onwards (and sideways),
Cheers, the Bear. Smile
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."

Messages In This Thread