We need your feedback, all of you...
I would say...or even beg...be very careful about trying to tie into the social media thing....far too many forums and websites have actually gone downhill in either format,usability or just plain content, or even all three when trying to become more " hip and modern". The other thing I have noticed is that due to the same reasons many sites have updated to colours and fonts that have lower contrast, making it harder for older folks, me included.....I think this white font on blue is very easy on the eyes.....please keep that in mind.

I've also noticed that many sites and forums have updated to photo uploading formats that are either really complex or just require too many steps to make it practical for many people. Please try to find something that makes it as easy and convenient as possible for less savvy computer users.

For many years Photobucket was one, if not the best site, to store photos and it made it incredibly easy to store and especially upload pictures to forums,blogs,websites,chatrooms and email....basically one-step. About 3-4 years ago they totally redisigned and re-vamped the Photobucket site to be more a social-media type format which really broke it( my first sentence)..... now I, among many find it to be almost useless and insecure to use. Photobucket is a perfect example of taking an excellent site and platform and upgrading it inadvertantly, into the toilet for basically appearences. Sad really and very inconvenient.

I don't mean to imply thats the reasoning here or that it will happen here ....just putting my personal observations out there for what its worth.

Cheers
Gene

Messages In This Thread