MWaz Get off your duff challenge
You know what Wayne, I made an unsubstantiated comment there between DC and DCC and prototypical speeds. Somewhere buried in all the posts here on the Big Blue is a post I made about speed differences I had saw after I installed a decoder into this loco years ago. DCC seemed to have a cap on where one could push the motor for speed and power. Where running the loco in straight DC the loco would just fly down the rails. At that time I expected the locomotive to respond exactly the same regardless if the locomotive had a decoder or not. But, I have learned that is not case. Which is like I mentioned,was an adjustment I had to make in my head after building 3 other Bowser kits(L-1's) and seeing them all operate in the same fashion with a decoder installed in them (I have 4th one too, an PRR E-6, but that has I different driver size).

In my workroom at home, I have an Accutrack II Speedometer and a Micromark drawbar pull meter. What might be interesting is after I finish the DCC install on this H-9 is see how things measure up DC to DCC. I've never ran a DC Bowser H-9 through the Speedometer, but I have one I could try. For that matter, I'm not sure if I ran this DCC H-9 through it either. I know some Bowser locomotive went through it because I have a number in my head but I'm unsure if it was the E-6 or one of the other freight locomotives. It's been awhile and a lot has happened since I was able to devote time to these Bowser builds. This experiment is something I should do anyway to develop some kind of baseline.

Didn't mean to be offensive to the DC guys out there,

Mark

Messages In This Thread