ARHS / Big Dog dispute
Thanks for all your support. This all came at a bad time as we are planning a second run of these units ourselves.
I did want to pick up an A-B-A set for my self but, found the cost of the first run to be a bit out of reach for me. Here is another repost that shows our cost and puts it into perspective with the price that was asked for.

[i]Ed (and list),

The major cost for the Babyfaces was the design work for the 3D drawings for both shells. They are not exactly like the prototypes, since some parts of the originals didn't "scale" well.

The Society made about $3 k on the first run, not counting the volunteer hours involved.

If you count those hours at $20 per, we either would've lost $25 K or would've had to triple the price of the shells. :-)

Costs for a second run will be much lower. Some changes to the dwgs would be necessary, mostly on the grille locations.

I'm assuming the manufacturing costs would be similar to 2010, but that's just a guess.

What the project needs is a champion to survey the market, work the numbers, create a proposal for the Board and then follow the project through to completion.

Walter Hoffmann
President Emeritus {x2}
(Is that a title?) [i/]

So maybe there is hope for a set. Thumbsup Applause Thumbsup
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  

Messages In This Thread