"TENDER TUESDAY"
e-paw Wrote:Nice stuff Doc and Ed. Do you have any prototype pics of these tenders?

Thanks, Steve. Goldth

The first one in my last post is freelanced, so no proto photos. There are photos of the others in various books, but my models don't match the real ones, at least at the time that the prototype photos were taken. That's why I listed the apparent discrepancies. The unpainted brass tender is similar to that in the photo of Ed's Mogul, but the Mogul I'm trying to model has a somewhat different tender, and there are other CNR Moguls that have tenders similar to the one shown which was behind a Western Region 10-Wheeler. The prototype of my Mogul was originally number 910, but that was changed, in the '50s, to 88. Since I'm modelling the late '30s, I'll likely number mine as 910, but I recall seeing the real 88 lying on its side, in a street just a couple blocks east of where I lived. That was in May of 1953.

I doubt that the photos from the books would scan very well, as even in the books many details seem lost in the shadows...I had to look through almost all of the photos in one book just to find a one that showed the tender trucks of a particular loco clearly enough to know that they were archbars.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread