Old Steamers
twilight Wrote:GNA, just noticed in this thread you have a Bowser E6. I have a completed one of those also set up for DCC. Best running Bowser I got. Has a Helix Humper motor in it.

I like playing around with these old locos. I've been tempted lately to pull the trigger on a John English mikado or pacific but I'm holding for one that comes with the valve gear on it already. Good luck with completing your build Thumbsup .

Mark

Thanks, Mark. It needs some details and painting, and it should be good to go. I thought about a steam sound decoder, but my allowance isn't big enough.

I like my E6 on DCC, too. My kit had the newer DC 71 motor with a skew wound armature and isolated brushes, so it was easy to convert to DCC. Some of my turnouts cause it trouble, so all wheel pickup (or powering my frogs) would help. I looked into Helix Humpers for some of my Bowser, Mantua, and MDC locos, but apparently the owner closed up business a few years ago.

I like messing around with these old locos, too, but some of the parts are getting harder to come by.

Wayne, that is a very nice Pacific you have. Thumbsup

Messages In This Thread