Old Steamers
twilight Wrote:GNA, Wayne is correct about the Bowser tender trucks being out of stock. I was buying the Kiesel trucks part 190-318 for my Pennsy tenders, these were a rigid truck and did not have the springs in them. They were produced with what I think is a pickup plate screwed to the bottom. I found these trucks without the springs worked enormously better then the ones with. Again, like Wayne pointed out, I've often considered using bachmann tender trucks from the K4 tender to replace the ones on my Bowser equipment. Just haven't had to go in that direction, yet.

Mark
doctorwayne Wrote:
gna Wrote:... Cal-Scal/Bowser doesn't seem to have tender trucks anymore, though ...

You're right - neither 190-310 (Andrews) nor 190-311 (USRA) show in their on-line catalogue - I went through all 20 pages, but I'm almost positive that I've seen them in-store, perhaps last year.

Bachmann sometimes has tender trucks, complete with axle wipers, in their Parts Department.

Wayne

I looked at Bachmann's parts site for tender trucks. They have the 2-8-0 tender trucks as an assembly. If I want the K4 trucks all the parts are available separately (truck body, wipers, wheelsets).

Mark, I think you are correct about the sprung Bowser trucks. I have a Boswer Casey Jones with rigid Andrews trucks, and it runs fine, so I'm going to try these brass trucks on my E-6. If it improves it, I will go on a hunt for new trucks. Are Kiesels the correct trucks for Pennsy Tenders? For some reason, I thought Dolphin trucks were correct.

Some Googling brought me to a few places that sell tender trucks:

http://greenwayproducts.com/greenway-pro...d-drivers/

http://bethlehemcarworks.com/Products/Ki...tml#Trucks

I'm interested in the Symington-Gould Tender trucks from Bethlehem, (#1212), but I have no idea if they will work as power pickup for Bowser tenders, so I sent them an email. The Greenway brass trucks look very nice, but the prices are giving me pause, and no one seems to sell Kiesels....

Messages In This Thread