Do you still have a land line?
faraway Wrote:Are your "land lines" really copper wires that supply power to operate an old fashioned phone?
My "land line" is a fiber that ends 100 meters/yards from my house in a box at the street. Only that very last part is still copper wire but it supplies VDSL 100Mbit data only. Telefon is just on of many data packets delivered. I need to have a router with a power cord to use it. I need to use the cell phone in case of power outage "if" the local cell phone station is still powered.

Our landline is indeed copper, but it's shared with our Internet connection (DSL). I'm not sure just how far the copper goes or what form the signal takes after it leaves here, but when we moved a week ago, we had an Internet connection, but no phone so somewhere, the signals get split.

I carry the cell phone all day, but I have to check it occasionally only to find that my settings have changed. Sometimes it goes to the "silent mode", sometime the volume goes to zero, other times I find that I've dialed some random number. Wallbang
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread