I'm really upset about pictures.
We have always recommended that everyone upload their photos to here rather than link them from some photo site or another forum. To be sure, most forums, including ours, object to having photos posted there linked to other sites. We have had cases where someone's entire thread has been wiped clean of photos because they lost their photo sharing links. I just got a notice from Photobuckets that my photo sharing privileges are being restricted because they detected that I was linking some of my photos. To start with, I thought that was one of the advantages of using Photobuckets. It doesn't matter, a few years ago I linked some photos of things I had for sale, but they provide a link address for every photo, so I'm confused. Never the less, it can and does happen where you can lose some or all of these links.

Yes, right now, uploading photos one at a time is a PITA if you have a bunch to upload, but we are looking at a way to upload in bulk. Until then, we still suggest that you upload your photos to here and you keep them on your computer or other storage places as well. A few years ago we had a glitch and had to go back a few months to get a recovery set that worked and we did lose a few months of posts and photos. So, no matter what you do or how you store your photos, there is no guarantee that everything will remain there forever. Always keep a copy.

Again, we do urge everyone to upload photos to here that are displayed in your posts. Do not try to link to them to other sites though, if you need to do that, then that's what I thought Photobuckets was for. I'm not too sure now, after they sent me that notice....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread