I'm really upset about pictures.
ezdays Wrote:There is one reason for the size restriction, well, maybe two. Some people still don't have high speed Internet connections and so loading large photos is a real drag. Secondly, not everyone has a large high resolution monitor and so they may have to scroll to see anything larger than 800 x 600 pixels. The two may not always be related, but that's why we put those size restrictions on.

We can reevaluate this if technology has deemed that everyone now can view large photos at high speed...

I second that restrictions because they are applied by good reason. The technical solution is the problem. PB and Flickr both make it easy to define the X * Y resolution while uploading and I did usually select 800 * 600. The uploader of BB does not have that feature. It is on me to resize and store the photos locally for uploading and hope the result would be below the size limit regardless of the resolution.
Professional libraries take whatever I submit and resize as directed by the uploader.

In short
1. redefine the limit from size to resolution
2. adjust the resolution while uploading to a max of 800 * 600

or

do nothing and leave that business to professional libraries and take the link Wink
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread