Already tired of the hype
railohio Wrote:Not the attitude I'd expect from the admin of a hobby-centered forum. Going to see the eclipse is no different than going to see a steam engine run or ride rare mileage. I considered going down to Carbondale on Amtrak, but didn't like the transportation options available.
If you want to take the time and expense of traveling to one of the sweet spots to stand around with a crowd of other like-mined folks, by all means do so. I just don't see the value of being there, just like maybe some folks don't like the idea of standing around watching someone run their model trains. I'm entitle to be able to express my opinion, just like we've always allowed you to express yours. If watching and eclipse is considered a hobby, there's not a bunch of them to go see, so I can see their need to gather being as the next one is so many years away. Me, I'm happy to stay home and watch it on TV, perhaps go outside and soak in a 75% eclipse, but I'm not going to get excited about it, and I wouldn't put down the admin of an eclipse forum for saying he wouldn't want to go anywhere by train....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread