Already tired of the hype
Well we had 100% totality here and perfect weather. I'm sorry but compared to other events Mother Nature has thrown my way this was interesting but not worth putting up with about 30,000 people invading our town of 1,400. I'm glad to say I have seen a total eclipse but if I should ever be in the path of another one I will make like a sheepherder and get the flock outta there the day before the big non-event and not come back til the next day. There was some humor though like the woman who wanted to know if it clouded up would they postpone it! Icon_lol . Another thing that cracked me up was as soon as it was past 100% but still around 85-90% the people headed for their cars like lemmings going over a cliff only making it about 2 miles before being stuck in bumper to bumper traffic! Like Don I wonder how big a hit productivity took in this country from all the people playing hooky from work? Eek For those that enjoy this sort of thing I'm glad they got great weather. Myself I had more fun watching the people watching the eclipse rather than watching the eclipse itself. Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string

Messages In This Thread