THE NEXT WARNING! Scaletrains GEVO Tier 4
Now the ordered Soundtraxx Tsunami2 Decoders arrived:

[Image: dsc035070nz7v.jpg]
These are the last version 1.2 which contains the correct GEVO G12 Tier4 soundfiles also.

[Image: dsc03510sux17.jpg]
So it looks alike when the shell is taken off. The magnet wires are for the DPU lights which only the CN versions have.

[Image: dsc035114fawr.jpg]
The trouble starts here if you are not a devotional fan of ESU. The anchoring supports are not of common type, but are of unique works standard.

[Image: dsc03513m4z41.jpg]
Also most of the wires are color coded according to works standards and not to NMRA conformity. The rear end of the motherboard

[Image: dsc03515w8yxd.jpg]
The front end of the motherboard. Here are two more wires for the number board lights.

[Image: dsc0351696lz1.jpg]
The whole motherboard made by ESU and with analog plug off. Note the lots of logic modules. Note also there are more soldering pads. And some of them may be "secret" and only acessible by ESU decoders. Time to get rid of this stuff.

[Image: dsc03517esyhj.jpg]
But it is not as easy as it first seamed to be. I ungarbled the wires and followed the course of the different wires were the lead to. Also i made memos on a sheet of paper. When i had noticed where the wires lead to an the color of them, i soldered the wires off. A little bit overcautious, but later it can avoiding guesswork.

[Image: dsc035183lzx8.jpg]
And off is the MFB (no, i will not spell it out because this is a family friendly forum), here the underside with still a lot more logic modules.

[Image: dsc03526kblnx.jpg]
My notices.

To be continued.

Messages In This Thread