My Hometown---Part 4
6/14/2020 was an interesting day in my hometown---the local rail-fans (my self included) were out in droves hoping to catch some pictures of CP Heritage SD70ACU  #7016 on train 247.Despite numerous leads regarding arrival times it appears that CP does not always adhere to designated schedules and there were many delays along the route from Fort Erie to Hamilton.I headed out just after 12 noon hoping to catch the train at the 10th side road in Vinemount but after waiting for over an hour I thought maybe I missed 247 so I headed to Kinnear Yard where the train was scheduled to make a lift of cars.The area around Kinnear was crowded with anxious rail fans,many equipped with scanners so I was able to get updated information regarding 247's location---much to my dismay the train was still in Fort Erie which is probably a two hour wait before it reaches Kinnear---before I left home I told my wife I would be back "shortly" as we had made some plans so I knew I wasn't going to catch the 7016.Luckily train 246 arrived at Kinnear before I had to leave so the day wasn't a total loss especially since SD60 6230 was part of the consist.

[Image: 50006287521_edf8c438f4_k.jpg]P1400436 (2) by Ed Creechan, on Flickr

Messages In This Thread