Brooklyn 1st Ave waterfront
While I use fluorescent fixtures to light my layout (room), I found that many needed to be moved closer to the front (fascia) edge of the layout, as under normal viewing (or when taking photographs), the subject was in shadow because the lights were centered over the layout.

As you can see in the photo below, the light fixtures in the ceiling are roughly centered within the rectangle of the lighting panel....

[Image: Layoutconstructionviews-August-September2014001.jpg]

....while this more recent photo shows the fixtures (now 8'-ers rather than 4'-ers) closer to the aisle, resulting in more light on the visible side of trains, rather than leaving the viewable side in shadow...

[Image: 100_7555.jpg]

While it was a bit finicky to move the fixtures, the improvement in illumination was worth it.  That 4' fixture at the end of the aisle will be replaced with an 8'-er, too, as it's a little too dark in the back corners of the upper level.

On the lower level, the end is lit by a 4' fixture, but I added an LED fixture in both corners to brighten the area a bit...another annoying job, but worth the effort, I think.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread