Freelance 2018-1
I received some Atlas 24"/61cm radius sectional track for testing. Looks like I can use 24" as the minimum radius on the mainline and in the staging yard. That will eliminate a lot of todays problems.

The Digitrax DS64 Stationary Decoder works fine too. I tried it last night with two Atlas switch machines and my German IntelliBox II. I needed that test because the old ROCO switches have an integrated switch machine and stationary decoder and will be replaced by Atlas switch, Atlas switch machine and DS64 decoder.

The simple switch machines have no electric switch for the frogs. I will start with dead frogs but attach a wire to be prepared in case some engines will unexpected stall. I am unsure if I start with #4 or #6 switches. I have no engine stalling on #4. It looks awful but that does not matter in the staging yard. But the #6 has a much longer dead frog and that imposes some risk too. I have to decide to risk derail on #4 or stall on #6. I will do some intensive testing when the plywood desert is installed.
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread