Some Oldies...
I posted these at the request of a buddy at the "other" place, and thought I would share with you all as well...
These are a few of the oldies that were first purchased by my ol' man waayyy back in 1950-51 +/-, and were the first "consist" we had until the early 60's when we started a layout. All of these are Athearn metal kits, with the exception of the hopper, which is a Varney plastic kit, and the caboose, which is wood. Most of these have undergone some minor restoration, as time & travel have taken their toll, but all are operational on my LC&P. As can be seen, all have been converted to KD couplers.

First up, a WP 40' silver box car.

[Image: DSCF1813.jpg]

Next, a Northern Pacific "classic" orange reefer...

[Image: DSCF1814.jpg]

A CYTX tanker follows...(Note it still has the original trucks with oversized flanges, as does the caboose...)

[Image: DSCF1815.jpg]

A Seaboard 50' boxcar (I have recently acquired another one of these with a different #..!!)

[Image: DSCF1816.jpg]

The Varney NYC hopper...

[Image: DSCF1817.jpg]

And bringing up the rear, Ol' Faithful. I had at one time considered lettering it for the LC&P, but thought it should be left as my Ol' Man left it....

[Image: DSCF1818.jpg]

There's also a flat car in the collection, as well as a 0-4-0 and 4-6-2, all from the same time period. Unfortunately, they've fallen victim to Zamac "disease"...and are slowly desintegrating....

Well, that about wraps it up...!!

Nice sharing a bit of history with you all..... Icon_lol
Gus (LC&P).

Messages In This Thread