My first Scratch Build.
I've been holding on to a set of plans for a CPR Interlocking Tower that I picked up from the Canadian Pacific Historical Association found here... http://www.cpsig.ca/cpdocs/wanted.asp You have to register for the site to get access to the files, however its not like its a huge deal. To be honest, I thought for sure that I'd be building this little project out of styrene or even strip wood, but never card stock.

So, I rolled out of bed early this morning and had a bug in my ear from the go thinking about this. The previous evening I glued together some large pieces of card stock from a jumbo sized cereal box. Each sheet is about 2mm thick. I sandwiched three together to get some sturdy pieces for the main walls. Then I just started chopping up some scale sized "lumber".

Here is where I was at earlier this morning...I decided to get ambitious cut some wood siding for the exterior.
[Image: DSC02865.jpg]

A couple hours later and I was at this point.
[Image: DSC02866.jpg]

Steady progress.
[Image: DSC02868.jpg]

Back Wall with the door to the upper level of the control room...I'm sure the stairs for this are going to be a real challenge! :|
[Image: DSC02870.jpg]

This is where I'm leaving it for tonight...actually I might just finish the last wall after the kids go to bed.
[Image: DSC02872.jpg]

Let me know what you guys think so far and any words of wisdom you can give me. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread