Mix ratio for Tru-colors paint?
Chris, does your B1 have gloss coat on it?

And are you using primer? I have been using Tamiya Fine Scale primer and have been wondering if the Tru-colors paint has been having a reaction with the primer. I have an old bottle of Tru-colors primer that has separated and evaporated, mostly(there's still some left in the bottle). I also had a bottle of black in the same condition and I added some Tru-colors thinner to it to see if I could bring it back to life. I put it in my air brush and gave it a try on some scrap styrene and seemed to have worked. I'm going to give the primer the same experiment today.

On another forum, I read that humidity may have a significant effect on this paint because of the acetone that is in the paint. Thread said, acetone may absorb the moisture in the air when humid as it's being air-brushed. I'm not sure of this specifically, but it was extremely humid the day I air-brushed the boxcar and I got the blushed results. When I have experimented with the same color, I thinned it more and increased the psi to around 35, but the humidity had pulled out also.

I'll post my results

Thx,
Mark

Messages In This Thread
Mix ratio for Tru-colors paint? - by twilight - 07-22-2018, 07:34 AM
RE: Mix ratio for Tru-colors paint? - by dave1905 - 08-03-2018, 07:25 AM
RE: Mix ratio for Tru-colors paint? - by twilight - 08-04-2018, 05:31 AM
RE: Mix ratio for Tru-colors paint? - by twilight - 08-05-2018, 10:39 AM
RE: Mix ratio for Tru-colors paint? - by twilight - 08-06-2018, 05:27 PM