Local Phoenix train store closing
(11-11-2018, 12:10 AM)nachoman Wrote: Wow.  This was one of my favorite places way back in it's original location.  I went to the North Phoenix location a few times, but the drive was not convenient for me based on where I live now.  Sad to hear they are closing.  Not sure what is left in this city now?

Well, not much if you're into trains as a hobby. There's the Hobby Bench chain, about five of them, and a few others in Tempe and Apache Junction that I think carry a full line of trains. Beyond that, we're on the short end of the brick and mortar stores.

Yeah, the original store was a mess, but it was neat to go there. When they moved across from the Deer Valley Airport, it was a long drive to get there, and a disappointment once you did. They are still about a 20 mile drive for me where they are now, but then again, a lot closer than going out to Apache Junction or Tempe. There was that shop on Bell Rd near the I-17 that was a lot closer, but it only stayed in business for a short time. It's getting harder and harder to shop local anymore....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
Local Phoenix train store closing - by ezdays - 11-10-2018, 03:08 PM
RE: Local Phoenix train store closing - by ezdays - 11-11-2018, 07:12 AM
RE: Local Phoenix train store closing - by ezdays - 11-11-2018, 06:32 PM
RE: Local Phoenix train store closing - by Brakie - 11-13-2018, 10:58 AM
RE: Local Phoenix train store closing - by Brakie - 11-14-2018, 10:20 PM