Scenery Challenge, camouflage opening
I think the screen of trees is the best solution. The somewhat severe angle that the track emerges from the opening might provide enough space between it and the mine to allow for big trees to create a tall over-arching canopy. The top of the opening is the real problem, so getting trees and a canopy that covered the top is important.

As its discussed, I'm less fond of the big mirror idea for the loading tracks. I think you would see at least parts of the tipple in the mirror and the space in between the tipple and the mirror would make it look like two separate tipples really close together. I would try to put some type of conveyor over the loading tracks right at the wall to simply give the impression they extend beyond the wall. With a conveyor taking up the attention, I think the area will be busy enough that you wont really notice that the tracks end right there unless you choose to look for it.

You could make it look like the conveyor extended either over or through the tree tops you install for the opening, maybe even covering the top of the opening too.

Another solution would be to cut down the backside of the new river mine kit so that the part that covered the loading tracks could abut the backdrop. Problem solved. Maybe use the extra scrap pieces to build something else.

Edit: Having looked again, I would probably just cut down the entire mine kit so that it all could be shoved into the corner. As it stands, I would not feel real comfortable having a structure cover up the complex double crossover, so having the mine totally in the corner would allow access to the crossover. You could use a mirror to make the mine look bigger.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scenery Challenge, camouflage opening - by Doughless - 08-06-2019, 11:30 AM