Need help with MDC Roundhouse siderod attachment
Hi, Guys. I'm totally new here and looking for info/help with an (as it turns out) incomplete old MDC Ten Wheeler kit issue. The kit is old and uses the metal screws to attach the siderods to the drivers rather than the newer plastic(?) fastener. In 1978 my dad wrote MDC for a list of parts and was sent the wrong screws. Now I'm building it and binding is severe with the wrong screws of course. Here's the question: I found a cheap MDC 2-8-0 chassis on eBay that I can rob for parts but it uses the plastic fasteners. Are they interchangeable with the screws that I am missing? If so I'll buy the chassis, but if not, how hard is it to find screws like that? I thought about using the 2-8-0 drivers, but that would leave me with a blind driver on the front axle. Not sure that's good. Any advice from someone well-versed in these things is appreciated. My dad got this when I was 7. I always wanted to see it run, but now that it's mine 4 little danged screws are holding me up.

Messages In This Thread
Need help with MDC Roundhouse siderod attachment - by markj8977 - 09-02-2019, 07:38 PM