Exploring Zoom chat
It was suggested in another thread here that we get together occasionally for a facetime chat using Zoom. That seems to be currently the most popular venue to do that. I have only had one Zoom meeting with one doctor and I was forced to use my cell phone. When I couldn't hear them, they wound up seeing a lot of my right ear. Eek The next time we will use my computer or I'll go to his office.

From what I understand, you can use Zoom on any device that has a camera and microphone. I went ahead and registered on Zoom and downloaded their app, but have yet to install it. As I understand, you can use Zoom through your browser with or without the Zoom extension. They have free and paid versions, the free version allows someone to schedule a meeting of up to 100 people and it can last 40 minutes which should be sufficient for our needs. Again, not being that into Zoom, it appears that the person scheduling the meeting sends everyone else a link with the time and date of the meeting. Clicking the link brings you into the meeting.

If there is anyone here that is more knowledgeable about Zoom, clue us in please. In the meantime, I think this is a great idea, way beyond the old chat room that we stopped using years ago. If anyone is interested in doing this, post something here and give us an idea of when it would be a good day and time to do this. Remember, we are in a lot of different time zones, so let's use EST as our reference. We can try to do this once a week, once or twice a month, or whatever works.

We are in the exploratory stage, so let me know what you thing and give us some of your ideas about doing this.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
Exploring Zoom chat - by ezdays - 08-26-2020, 11:33 AM
RE: Exploring facetime chat - by Tyson Rayles - 08-27-2020, 05:06 AM
RE: Exploring facetime chat - by ezdays - 08-27-2020, 05:50 AM
RE: Exploring Zoom chat - by ezdays - 08-28-2020, 06:13 AM
RE: Exploring Zoom chat - by jim currie - 08-28-2020, 08:18 AM
RE: Exploring Zoom chat - by Charlie B - 08-29-2020, 04:02 PM
RE: Exploring Zoom chat - by ezdays - 08-31-2020, 06:36 AM
RE: Exploring Zoom chat - by Charlie B - 08-31-2020, 07:14 AM